Microsoft Inc. today started rolling out Windows 10 Mobile [Microsoft's new mobile operating system] update to selected Windows Phone 8.1 devices, after several deferrals. As per Microsoft “Consistent with our approach to the Windows 10 PC upgrade, we are focused on delivering a high quality experience for our customers,” .
Microsoft previously briefs about the list of Lumia phones that will be updated to Windows 10.
Here is the list of Windows Phone 8.1 devices that will be updated to Windows 10 Mobile..
- Nokia Lumia 1520, 930, 730, 830
- Microsoft Lumia 640, 640XL,735, , 532, 535, 540, 635 1GB, 636 1GB, 638 1GB, 430, 435,
- BLU Win HD w510u,
- BLU Win HD LTE x150q,
- MCJ Madosma Q501.
This list includes a limited set of Windows Phone 8.1 devices and does not include some devices that are currently running Windows 10 Mobile in the Windows 10 Mobile Insider program.
:: How to update existing Windows Phone 8.1 devices to Windows 10 ::
Here are the steps you need to follow ::
- Remove unwanted apps to Free up Internal memory.
- Connect your Lumia device to WIFI.
- Get the Windows 10 Upgrade Advisor app - available free in the Windows Store.
- Check for upgrade availability and prepare your phone to install the upgrade.